30 New Year’s Resolution Ideas for 2018
- Find a creative hobby – Even for some of you who believe that you don’t have a creative side, this would be a fun way to trigger your creative soul and try something new, like painting or even cooking.
- Create your ideal habits – Plan out positive activities that you want to incorporate in your life for 2018 and slowly turn them into good daily habits, like waking up early or going for a run.
- Break your bad habits – When creating your ideal habits, think about the habits that you wish to change as well and break them.
- Call/message your family/friends on a daily basis – I know sometimes we get so caught up on our lives that we forget to stay in contact with our loved ones, but make this a priority.
- Listen to podcasts – There is literally a podcast for EVERYTHING! They could be very informative about the things you are interested in. Listen to one and see if it’s something you like.
- Take control of your finances – Take this time to change your financial habits. Start a savings account and slowly put money into. Make a list of your monthly bills and set some money aside for your personal entertainment.
- Declutter your life – This past year, I have been obsessed with decluttering my home and getting rid of things that I do not need. If you’re looking to declutter your life, I would recommend watching “The Minimalist” documentary on Netflix first. This documentary convinced me that this is something I needed to incorporate into my life. Since then, I’ve learned to not need so much “stuff” and learned to make conscious purchasing decisions.
- Gather old things to sell – When decluttering your life, gather the things you don’t need and see if there is anything you can sell. Why not make a little money off of your old treasures.
- Reconnect with an old friend – Everyone has that one friend that they lost contact with, maybe because your lives went in different directions, but use this year to reconnect with them and catch up on life.
- Make 2 new friends – This may sound simple, but try to really make two new friends. Friends that you can easily connect with, talk to and have fun with. Friends that turn into life-long friendships.
- Plan a road trip with your friends – Planning road trips are fun, even more fun when you plan it with your best friends! Plan it for the middle of the year, and it gives you something to look forward to.
- Take more nature adventures – Hike more. Being out in nature can significantly reduce stress levels and can provide overall peace to your soul.
- Go on local adventures around your city – Try new restaurants, or go out to new bars and discover your city with your friends.
- Redecorate your space – Change things around. Rearrange your living room or switch out the photos in your picture frames. Update your home.
- Learn a new skill – If there was ever something that you always wanted to learn or try something new, here’s the chance. Whether that is learning how to play the piano, or simply learning how to handletter (like me), do it. It can be really fun!
- Educate yourself on a new subject – This sounds like #15, but its a little different. Educate yourself on something that interests you. For example, I’ve recently been interested in learning more about living a more sustainable life, so I decided to learn more about it.
- Try yoga – This past year, I tried yoga and fell in love. Yoga helps (1) stretch your muscles, (2) increase flexibility, (3) increase muscle strength and (4) improve respiration. It’s also a great way to relax and meditate to really cleanse your soul.
- Clean your eating habits – By this I mean, start cutting out the foods that are obviously unhealthy for you. AKA soda, chips, cookies, etc.
- Eat more colors – Colors, as in fruits and vegetables.
- Limit yourself to eating out once a week – It sounds tough, but you will save a lot of money.
- Meal prep to not waste food – Prepping your food can save you from not wasting food since all your meals will be properly measured.
- Practice self-care – Sleep, nutrition, exercise and relaxation
- Start a bullet journal – To keep you organized on your work, school work, and everything in general.
- Practice more gratitude – A simple “thank you” can go a long way ❤
- Spend more time alone – A super important step to practice towards becoming more independent and having more self-love.
- Face one of your fears – Do something that you told yourself you would never do.
- Challenge your weaknesses – Do something that you don’t enjoy doing.
- Do a daily “10 minute tidy” – Stop what you’re doing, set the timer to “10” minutes and clean as much as you can within that time. Little by little, your home will always be clean.
- Learn a new language – Now-a-days, companies are always looking for candidates who are bilingual. Knowing another language is always an advantage. OR keep learning one you already know.
- Don’t text and drive – Simple as that. We are all guilty of it. It’s dangerous, distracting and can save lives.
I hope these ideas help you get a start on your New Year’s Resolution list. And I hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and MANY BLESSINGS IN 2018!
**Thanks again for reading… Stay tuned for more!**
– oxox, Cynthia 💕